Our Mission and Vision
The mission of i.D.R.E.A.M. for Racial Health Equity, a project of Community Partners®, is to equip a learning community of visionaries with a comprehensive understanding of maternal and infant health throughout the life course.
The i.D.R.E.A.M. Vision 2025: Inspiring Generational Champions for Resilience and Good Health continues the urgent call for leadership, training, advocacy and community service on behalf of Black birthing families.
i.D.R.E.A.M is acronym for our core values:
1. Integrate: collaborating technology, new-found learning and cultural perspectives to address the issues of racial health equity.
2. Diversify: embracing racial and gender differences in order to create a unified community where individuals can freely share ideas and develop new ways of thinking.
3. Retain: remembering lessons learned and acknowledging the history of women and families impacted by poor birth outcomes as a source of reference and relevance to combat the infant mortality crisis.
4. Educate: passing on our knowledge of racial health equity to the public while allowing individuals to partake in community dialogue so that we may swiftly, but strategically discover innovative solutions.
5. Activate: proactively setting ideas and solutions into motion and creating awareness and passion of our mission through different outlets.
6. Mentor: guiding another within or outside the organization by sharing experiences/knowledge, passion for the cause and giving never-ending support.